Ms. Harris is proud to be Cuban born and Florida raised. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida in 1992 in English Literature with a minor in Secondary Education and her Juris Doctor degree from Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law in Macon, Georgia in 1996. She is fluent in Spanish and has many Spanish speaking clients, as well as, performs custody evaluations for Spanish speaking litigants. She has been practicing family trial law since 1998 in Florida after practicing insurance defense litigation in Atlanta, Georgia since 1996 and later in Jacksonville.
While in law school, Ms. Harris was a charter member of the student Hispanic Bar Association and was elected President. After practicing in Jacksonville for several years, she helped to form the Hispanic Bar Association of Northeast Florida and served as Founding President. Her demonstrated leadership, energy and enthusiasm to motivate others has gained her election as President of the Jacksonville Women Lawyers’ Association (JWLA), President of Rotaract of Florida’s First Coast, Treasurer of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL) and Board Member of the Junior League of Jacksonville. She is currently President Elect of the Rotary Club of San Jose, and a Board Member of the Catholic Charities of Jacksonoville.
She was recognized as an Up & Comer by The Business Journal and was invited to join the Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2003. In June 2012, she was awarded the “Woman Lawyer of the Year” from her peers by the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association (JWLA). She is active in many professional and civic organizations in Jacksonville. She has a family of her own and takes seriously the concerns of her clients and is a zealous advocate for each and every client. She takes tremendous pride that she concentrates her law practice in all areas that affect family disputed areas of Family Law.
From the time I walked in the door and sat down in Paola’s office I knew everything was going to be ok…She might be pretty and petite but her heart is big and her bite is BIGGER!
Born Havana, Cuba, August 1, 1969; admitted to State Bar of Georiga, 1996, admitted to The Florida Bar, 1998.
University of Florida (B.A., 1992); Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law (J.D., 1996).
Jacksonville Bar Association (Co-Chair, Naturalization Committee), Jacksonville Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Family Law, Professionalism and Judicial Relations Committees); The Florida Bar (Member, Family Law Section; Legislative Committee; Judicial Nominating Procedure Committee, 2004–2007); State Bar of Georgia (Member, Section on: Family Law); Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association (President, 2003–2004; President Elect, 2002–2003; Vice President, 2001–2002); Florida Association of Women Lawyers (Treasurer, 2004–2007); Hispanic Bar Association of Northeast Florida (Founding President, 2004–2007); Rotary Club of San Jose (President Elect 2012, Treasurer 2011-2012, Secreatry 2010-2011), Catholic Charities of Jacksonville (Board of Directors 2011- Present)
English & Spanish.
- Jacksonville Woman Lawyers Assocaition “Woman Lawyer of the Year” (2012)
- Mayor’s Hispanic American Advisory Board – Chair (2011)
- Mayor Alvin Brown Legal Transition Team (2011)
- Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2003, (Selections Committee 2003–present)
- Rotary Club of San Jose, President Elect (2012-2013), Treasurer (2011-2012), Secretary (2010-2011).
- Catholic Charities of Jacksonville, Board of Directors (2011 – present)
- Junior League of Jacksonville, Board of Directors (2006-2007)
- Rotaract of Florida’s First Coast (President, 2002–2003; Secretary, 2001–2002)
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, Member (1997–Present)
- Jacksonville Pro Bono Attorney Area Legal Aid
- Florida Costal School of Law, Adjunct Professor (2011-2012)
- The Bolles School, Parents Council (2011 – present); First Grade Room Mom (2012-2013)
- San Jose Catholic Church – Catechist(1999 – 2005)
- Southside United Methodist Church – VBS Teacher (2008 – 2012)