Mr. Dunlap is currently in his twenty-ninth year of the practice of law, all of which has been civil litigation as trial work. His career has been centered around helping individuals through difficult times and issues presented by serious physical and/or emotional injury or the devastation of losing a loved one as a result of wrongful death. These clients suffer from the effects of an automobile, truck, motorcycle, bike or other vehicular collisions. The financial, medical and emotional pressures are overwhelming during these situations and it is important to have solid, caring and trustworthy legal counsel to advise and fight for you. These cases require experience, quick action through investigation and the resources to see them through to conclusion against well-funded insurance companies and corporations. Mr. Dunlap and his team are extremely hands on in the investigation, preparation and presentation of each clients’ case.
Contact Mr. Dunlap today to discuss your individual case or legal matters. All cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, meaning no attorney’s fees are charged unless a recovery is made in your case.
Born Decatur, Alabama, December 11, 1959; admitted to bar, 1986, Alabama and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama; 1988, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama and U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit; 1989, admitted to Florida bar, 1988 and U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
Auburn University (B.S., 1982); Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1986), member trial advocacy board.
Jacksonville Bar Association, The Florida Bar, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Member, Board of Directors, 1992-1995), Florida Justice Association (Eagle member, 13 years), Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1987-1988), Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association/Jacksonville Justice Association (Member, Board of Directors, 2001-2002; 2006-; Vice President 2008-2012; President 2014-’15; Judicial Liaison 2015- present); Member Fourth Judicial Circuit Florida Bar Grievance Committee (Chair 2005-2006), Litigation Council of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary (Board of Directors, 2006-2010), American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) 2009-Current, Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2007.
- Seventeen million dollar/multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements of Personal Injury and Worngful Death cases
- Multiple Jury Trials in State and Federal Courts involving civil matters including automobile accidents, defective products, premises liability and nursing home negligence
- Hundreds of additional settlements at Court Ordered Mediation, a Florida Alternative Dispute Resolution process
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association, JJA President 2014 – Present, Vice President 2009-2010, 2010-2011.
- Florida Justice Association Trial Lawyers Association – Eagle Member 2014-2015
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates – ABOTA, a Trial Lawyers Honorary Board 2009 – Current
- AAVO Attorney Rating: Excellent
- Martindale Hubble Rating: AV
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Eagle Workhorse Award Winner, 1993
- Ponte Vedra Beach Rotary, President 2011-2012.
- Ponte Vedra Beach Rotary (Board of Directors, 2005-;Legal Counsel 2008-2009; Sgt.. at Arms 2005-2006; Secretary 2009-2010)
- Salvation Army Volunteer Christmas Kettle Drive, Chairman 2008 – 2010
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2007
- Double Wide Invitational Angler of the Year 2012